Much like a doctor’s checkup, furnace maintenance appointments are a preventative service that helps technicians spot issues before they become much larger problems. It’s true that the salty sea air blowing into the Milwaukie, OR area has a corrosive effect on metals. Our HVAC specialists are trained to look for damage from saltwater while going through their furnace tune-up checklist.
Not only do our technicians look for corrosion, but they also check for gas leaks and other potentially dangerous problems. Our preventative furnace maintenance program includes a comprehensive inspection and tune-up that’s specifically designed to prevent 95% of common furnace failures.
Expert Furnace Maintenance in Milwaukie
Neglecting regular furnace maintenance and tuneups can invalidate its warranty. That’s right! If you skip your annual furnace tune-up it can invalidate its warranty. The best part of the Central Air Heating, Cooling & Plumbing regular maintenance program is having proof that will keep your warranty valid throughout its intended timeframe.
During your appointment, your technician goes through your heating system from top to bottom. They’ll look for corrosion, blockages, and disconnections or malfunctions of all major operating parts of your system. During your checkup, your HVAC technician will look for:
- Check for corroded metal or damage in the heat exchanger
- Check electrical connections and components for corrosion or damage
- Add to or change lubricants when necessary
- Lubricate all moving parts
- Testing the amp draw on any electrical parts and connections
- Check the wiring insulation for cracking that could cause arching
- Clean burners, thermocouples, and heat sensors
- Check for damaged or cracked belts
- Testing and calibrating the thermostat
- Check and clean or change air filters
- Testing the startup cycle
- Check fuel lines for cracks or leaks
- Check gas pressure, the burner, and the pilot light
- Cleaning any debris out of ducts and vents, air intake grills, electrical connections, etc
If there are any failures in the system, your technician will write a report and speak with you about ordering parts and fixing the problem. We carry some frequently used parts in our work vehicles, but any parts we don’t carry with us or have in stock will have to be ordered. Your technician will clearly communicate with you about their findings in their report.
Top-Tier Furnace Tune-Up
Your HVAC system needs to be inspected and maintained annually. Our annual furnace maintenance inspections can stop minor issues like a clogged vent from becoming a major malfunction like a blown compressor or condenser that can cost thousands of dollars to repair. If your system is both an AC and heating system or if it’s a heater-only unit, you should get your heater inspected before it gets cold for the winter. Your heater and AC can be serviced at the same time.
Please speak with a Central Air Heating, Cooling & Plumbing customer service representative today about scheduling a whole system inspection and furnace tune-up and keep your heater running strong all winter long! We also offer furnace repair, replacement and HVAC maintenance.