When you need heating and cooling services in Lake Oswego, you can count on Central Air Heating, Cooling & Plumbing. We provide comprehensive repair, maintenance, and replacement services for central air conditioners, ductless systems, furnaces, and heat pumps to ensure your complete comfort.
HVAC Services We Offer
As a locally owned and operated company, we’ve spent over 20 years in business working in Lake Oswego and are proud to have received an A+ Rating on BBB. Contact us today to receive heating and cooling services from The People Who Care!
When you need AC repairs, you want to know that your chosen HVAC contractor will get the job done right the first time, every time. At Central Air, our Zero Risk Repair Guarantee is that your AC repair will last at least one year.
Common AC Repairs Our Technicians Can Help You With
- Dead air conditioner (AC won’t turn on)
- AC runs more than normal (short-cycling)
- Weak or low airflow
- AC isn’t cooling enough or is blowing hot air
- Strange noises (screeching, banging, buzzing)
- Bad smells (rotten eggs, burning, mildew)
- Leaking water or refrigerant
Our AC repair technicians are thoroughly trained in all makes and models of cooling systems. After we’ve diagnosed the cause of your issue, we will go through all options with you so that you can make an informed decision before we get to work.
How to Prepare for an AC Repair or Replacement Appointment
We understand more than anybody that AC breakdowns are a huge inconvenience. Not only do you have to fit a service appointment into your busy schedule, but you also have to wait in a hot, muggy home until that time finally comes. That said, there are some things you can do to help make your appointment go by faster. Preparing your home before our HVAC technician arrives will help them work efficiently and bring you closer to that sweet, sweet sensation of conditioned air.
- Take note of all your AC concerns. A detailed description of the issue will help us diagnose the problem quickly, so you don’t want to forget any important details.
- Clear the area around your air conditioner and vents. Clutter makes it hard to access your system, and our technicians will appreciate not having to work around your belongings!
- Check the air filter and thermostat. These are common culprits of AC concerns. Replace your air filter if it’s dirty, and make sure your thermostat wasn’t accidentally turned to HEAT or OFF when the issue occurred.
- Inform the household. Secure your pets and let family members at home know that we’re coming.
When deciding whether your AC can make it through one more summer or if it’s time for a replacement, there are many questions you probably have: How much will it cost? What size AC do I need? Should I go with ductless or central AC?
We have the answers you’re looking for. During your free estimate appointment, we’ll discuss whether an AC replacement or repair is the best financial decision for your specific situation, and we can talk you through the options that meet your budget and comfort needs.
Common Signs That It’s Time To Replace Your AC Unit:
- Your unit is at the end of its lifespan (10-15 years old)
- You’ve needed multiple system repairs over the last few years
- Your AC is no longer energy-efficient
- Repair costs are comparable to the price of a new system
Professional Lake Oswego Heating Installations
Replacing your old furnace or heat pump doesn’t just offer greater reliability. New HVAC systems are more energy-efficient than ever, which means better air quality and cheaper utility bills.
Choosing a new heater is easy when you work with us! We offer low-interest financing on approved credit for installations, and you can arrange a simple payment plan.
When you schedule an estimate with Central Air, you can expect highly personalized service from a Lake Oswego heating installation expert. We’ll perform a full inspection of your current furnace, calculate the correct size unit for your home, and discuss your needs and preferences in order to provide a range of heating options.
When you’ve made a decision and are ready for the installation, our technicians will arrive at your location when expected and be driving company vehicles. They’ll have all the tools and parts needed to remove your old heater and install the new one properly. We’ll spend the time to show you how to operate and care for your new system before we leave. All waste will be taken with us so that you don’t have to worry about it.
When you need more reliable heating, the technicians at Central Air can get your furnace or heat pump operating like new. Whether your furnace is giving off a strange smell, making weird noises, or isn’t heating efficiently, we’re happy to provide advice and a solution to your concern. If we recommend repairs on your furnace, we’ll be upfront about your options for getting it fixed and guarantee that any repair we perform will last for a year or longer.
Emergency Heating & AC Repairs in Lake Oswego
Your safety is a priority, and HVAC emergencies shouldn’t have to wait. Call us for same-day AC and heating repair services if you are experiencing an urgent issue such as system failure in extreme cold or heat, leaks, or electrical problems.
We highly recommend regular HVAC maintenance to avoid sudden system breakdowns. The vast majority of repairs can be avoided by regularly changing your air filter and keeping up with routine maintenance checks every spring and fall.
Routine HVAC Maintenance Services
To work at peak performance, your heating and cooling systems must be treated with care. For peace of mind knowing that your AC and heater will make it through the summer and winter without problems, many Lake Oswego homeowners choose Central Air to handle their HVAC maintenance.
A routine tune-up from Central Air includes the following tasks:
- Replace the HVAC filters
- Clean the condenser coils
- Clear the condensate drain
- Lubricate bearings and motors
- Look for any loose electrical connections
- Recharge the refrigerant
Unless you’re already having issues with your AC or heater, it can be hard to remember to schedule annual service with your local HVAC company. Central Air’s maintenance plan program is an easy way to keep your system healthy without any effort on your part. Our service plans include annual HVAC tune-ups as well as additional benefits such as discounts on repair calls.
Schedule Heating and Cooling Services With Central Air
Homeowners in Lake Oswego trust us to maintain their AC units because we’ve provided fast, friendly, reliable service in the Portland area since 2001.
As members of the Lake Oswego community, we’re committed to supporting the Doernbecher Children’s Hospital Foundation, HomeAid America, and Prevent Cancer Foundation.
We’ve Earned A Reputation For:
- Highly skilled technicians
- Arriving to appointments on time
- Offering estimates free of charge
- Completing repairs quickly and efficiently
- Professional and respectful customer service
- Respecting your property and cleaning up after ourselves
- Quality HVAC and indoor air quality products
- Being a locally owned and operated company