Our Specialty Is Happy, Cozy Homes
There’s no denying that life is unpredictable and nothing is immune to surprises—not even your furnace. If a furnace breakdown has happened in your Happy Valley area home, you understand the inconvenience of it all. When your heating goes downhill, it usually happens on the coldest night of the year or in the middle of a big party. Are we right?
However, there’s no need to panic. There are actually warning signs to alert you to a failing furnace. You just need to pay attention.
How Can I Tell When I Need Furnace Repair?
Is your furnace trying to tell you something? If your warmth has been compromised and you’re getting the cold shoulder, it’s quite possible that’s your furnace’s sneaky way of saying: “Listen to me.”
Here are six common signs your furnace is signaling you for help:
- Your system is not maintaining its set temperature.
- Your energy bills have skyrocketed.
- Your furnace is making odd noises and emitting funny smells.
- You’ve noticed an excessive amount of dry air and dirt particles.
- Your furnace is collecting cool, not warm, air.
- There are hot and cold spots throughout your home.
8 Reasons You Need Furnace Repair in West Linn and Nearby
We’ve done our fair share of furnace repair over the years. In our experience, we come across the same issues over and over when furnaces start to fail. While we love our customers and are always just a phone call away for furnace service in your home in Lake Oswego or nearby, there are a handful of do-it-yourself checks you can do on your furnace before calling us for service.
Be sure to check the following to see if they are the reasons your heat might be compromised.
- Thermostat: If your thermostat is calibrated incorrectly or your batteries are old, you could experience issues.
- Circuit breakers: Check to be sure your breakers haven’t tripped, causing heating problems.
- Air filters. Dirty air filters can cause your furnace to overheat and shut down. Change them.
- Condensate pan. Sometimes condensate pans get too full and drain lines get clogged. Call us if this happens.
- Blower motor. You want to see steady green or blinking lights. If you don’t, you could be getting an error code.
- Flame sensor: If your furnace is not firing up, you could have a dirty flame sensor. If you’re not comfortable doing that yourself, we can do it.
- Pilot light: Check that your pilot light is actually lit.
- Fuel source: This is probably a no-brainer, but are you out of propane? A quick check will let you know!
Request Furnace Repair in Clackamas County and the Portland Metro Area
When your furnace needs a little TLC, our licensed technicians can be at your home in a jiffy. We’ll return your home to its toasty state with superior furnace service and furnace installation and replacement. We also specialize in the installation of heat pumps. No matter what your problem, we will restore your peace of mind. Call today at 503.420.0202. Our trained and professional HVAC techs are proud to service many areas including Clackamas, Happy Valley, Lake Oswego, West Linn and many areas within the Portland Metro area, too!