Central Air, Inc. in Clackamas, OR. We are home Energy Experts and have been providing exceptional heating and cooling services in the Portland Metro area since 2001. We are a family-oriented company, and we care about our employees and our customers!
We are currently looking for a dynamic Customer Service Specialist /Dispatcher to join our team, someone with a passion for serving customers, stellar communications skills, and proven ability to multi-task in high-volume environments. This position is the initial contact to our clients, customers, technicians and office staff, and plays a vital role through providing administrative support.
Work Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (occasional Saturdays)
Primary Job Function: Answer incoming calls. Maintain the Service Technicians daily schedules and dispatch the technicians as service calls are completed. Schedule return trips with customers when parts are in. Maintain customer database with current information. Clear and concise communications with department managers, employees and company customers, including keeping customers appraised as to company schedule and requested lead-times. Provide accounting with maintenance contract billing information. Prepare service invoices and timecards for processing.
- High school Diploma or equivalent
- Pass background check and drug screen
- Previous dispatching experience in HVAC, plumbing, electrical or similar industry preferred
- Two years related experience and/or training in customer service, dispatching or project management or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Scheduling experience
- Stellar customer service skills
- Aggressive self starter
- Excellent and interpersonal communication skills
- The ability to flawlessly juggle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- The ability to cultivate and maintain strong relationships with clients and technicians
- A clear and professional speaking voice as phones are a huge part of the position
- The abilty to type 40 + WPM with accuracy
- Data entry, filing, and other general office duties
- Knowledge of MS Outlook, MS Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel, and Adobe
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail
- General sales skills and aptitude
- Ability to work independently & as a team
- Experience in HVAC or similar industry
- Dispatching experience
- Geographical knowledge of service area